a gathering place for the words, images and momentos of the world of adventures i've adventured, the stories i've wandered through. curriculum bella vita...a resume, of sorts, of the good life.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Updating an Old Map

My favorite random prerequisite class from undergraduate days? Geology of the National Parks.

One project, in between geology lessons based on pretty pictures, was customizing a geologic map of the amazing United States of America. I added, in red lines, the path of my travels.

But that was almost ten years ago - yikes - so when I found it in the way-back of my closet while cleaning/packing, i decided to update it before ceremoniously burning it in the wood stove. In sharpie, the places i've explored since Fall 2001.

The noticeable yet-to-explore areas of our country? California and Oregon, Texas, and the Northeast. All will come in time.

No comments: